You can buy or sell US stocks with Plum using a General Investment Account (GIA).

Note that we don’t currently offer the ability to trade US stocks using a Stocks & Shares ISA, and unlike an ISA or pension, there are no tax benefits with a GIA.

With a GIA, you pay Income Tax on any income (like dividends) you receive, and Capital Gains Tax on any realised gains made if you sell some or all of your shares.

There is currently a £2,000 annual Income Tax allowance on dividends and a £12,300 yearly Capital Gains Tax allowance. The amount of tax you pay if you exceed these thresholds will depend on your personal tax band, and is subject to change.

Did this answer your question?